The Reverend John Power, Diocesan Director of Ordinands, and Emerging Communities Networker
Additional consultatnt: Revered Stewart Perry
This Ministry Skills Stream aims to equip participants with the skills, experiences and understanding of Emerging Worship for use in Fresh Expressions of Church or Alternative Worship Services.
On completion of this Ministry Skills Stream participants will be able to:
- Explain the elements of Emerging Worship;
- Use multi-sensory, multi-media and interactive elements in designing worship;
- Be able to use dialogical teaching;
- Involve others in bringing their creative talents to Emerging Worship and curate those effort;
- Plan and run an Emerging Worship Service.
- Understand the difference between emerging and contemporary worship and plan a contemporary worship service.
Dates of Stream
Saturdays: 16th March, 13th July, 9th November at Bishop Tyrrell Anglican College. Please check the NSTM website for further information and the programme for each day at http://www.schooloftheology.net
Successfully Completing Your Ministry Skills Stream
In order to successfully complete this ministry skills stream, you will be required to:
- attend all sessions throughout the programme, or have received permission to be absent from one session only prior to the session taking place, and satisfied the stream leader that aspects covered in that session have been studied in another form;
- actively participate as required in sessions:
submit the assessed task on the date on which it is due.
The topics to be covered in the nine sessions will include
- Creating Sacred Space;
- Designing worship stations;
- Using dialogical teaching;
- Using multi-media in worship;
- Designing all-age worship;
- Designing multi-sensory worship;
- Using a thematic approach;
- Creating community through worship;
- Mixing ancient and modern approaches;
- Accessing creativity;
- Curating worship.
As part of a team, design and run one worship event internally for the emerging worship group.
As part of a team, design and run a service for everyone attending the last ministry skills day.
Curating Worship, Jonny Baker, SPCK Publishing EAN:978-0281062355
The Art of Curating Worship: Reshaping the Role of Worship Leader, Mark Pierson Park House (29 Nov 2010) ISBN-13: 978-1451400847
Emerging Worship: Creating Worship Gatherings for New Generations (Emergent YS), Dan Kimball EAN: 978-0310256441